Seismic Design Review Live Seminars
Taught by Steven T. Hiner, MS, SE, this intensive seminar is specifically tailored to individuals who do not possess a strong background in structural analysis and/or principles of earthquake resistant design. The
seminars allow you personal interaction with the instructor and the class.
The seminar is designed to prepare you for the upcoming exam with thorough concentration of the topics on the Special Civil Seismic Principles Test Plan, practice solving realistic exam-like problems, along with exam tips and proven exam strategies. SDR seminar participants have approximately twice the exam passing rate of those who have taken the test without SDR's help.
- Earthquake Characteristics
- Vibration Theory
- Building Codes (2018 IBC, 2019 CBC)
- Referenced Standards (ASCE 7-16, ACI 318, AISC 360, etc.)
- Geotechnical Issues (liquefaction, surface fault rupture, etc.)
- Professional Engineers Act (practice acts, title acts, title authorities, responsible charge, etc.)
- Post-Earthquake Safety Evaluation (Posting Placards, Good Samaritan Immunity, etc.)
- CBC / IBC General Provisions & Seismic Design Criteria
- Seismic Design Requirements for Building Structures
- Seismic Design Requirements for Nonstructural Components (architectural, mechanical, and electrical)
- Seismic Design Requirements for Nonbuilding Structures
- Seismic Load Effects (horizontal, vertical, redundancy, etc.)
- Load Combinations (SD, LRFD, ASD, system overstrength factor, etc.)
- Anchorage of Concrete & Masonry Walls
- Diaphragm Design (diaphragm shear, chord force, drag force, etc.)
- Shear Wall Rigidity (concrete and masonry)
- Flexible Diaphragms (distribution by tributary area, subdiaphragms, etc.)
- Rigid Diaphragms (center of mass, center of rigidity, accidental eccentricity, inherent & accidental torsion, etc.)
- CBC / IBC Material Chapters (wood, concrete, steel, and masonry)
- CBC / IBC Special Inspection & Structural Observation Requirements
- Structural Vulnerability/Performance of Existing Structures
- Seismic Retrofit of Existing Structures
FREE SDR Workbook with the Live Seminar
Each paid attendee of a Live Seminar will receive the New Seismic Design Review Workbook (a $110 value) Free.
The free workbooks will be distributed to seminar attendees at the first lecture.
Click here for a list of the SDR Workbook chapters (or sections numbers) that are covered in each of the four lectures, as well as the assigned homework from each lecture.
More questions? Check the SDR FAQs page for the answers.
Live Seminar Schedule - 2022 to 2023
To Register: click the Credit Card / PayPal link for the appropriate seminar session listed below.
confirmation will be emailed shortly after notification that your registration payment has been received.
size is limited. Spaces will be filled upon
confirmation of the registration payment (phone or email reservations will not secure a space in the classes).
||There are no Live Seminars planned for Irvine in 2022 or 2023
||There are no Live Seminars planned for Pleasanton in 2022 or 2023